The primaires are next week. I still don't know who of the Republican seat-seekers are the true conservatives and who are not.
I need everyone reading this to direct each candidate to this web post to answer these questions. They can email me their responses and I will post them.
Any candidate who answers can have their answers judged by the people.
Any candidate who doesn't will get the Justified Right "Seal of Disapproval" Monday evening at 6:00 pm.
CONSERVATISM TEST FOR PRIMARIES 2010
- Do you believe that a human being’s rights are granted automatically when the human being is created, or do you believe that rights are granted by the establishment of laws?
- Regardless of how it were done (by Constitutional Amendment, Referendum or Statute), would you support or oppose a change in American law regarding abortion, to make abortions illegal except in cases of rape, incest or where the life of the mother is in danger?
- Do you support or oppose federal funding of embryonic stem cell research?
- Do you support or oppose the use of marijuana as a medicine if prescribed by a physician?
- Do you support or oppose the government having the power to disallow homosexuals marrying?
- Do you support or oppose the government having the power to disallow heterosexuals marrying?
- State whether you supported or opposed the President’s recent health insurance initiative signed into law, and if you opposed it, state if you had an alternative plan and what it was.
- Do you believe the passage of a law requiring individuals to purchase health insurance is a power Congress has pursuant to the Commerce Clause or the General Welfare clauses in the U. S. Constitution?
- New Jersey Republican Congressmen Smith, LoBiondo and Lance voted for the President’s “Cap and Trade” plan. Would you have voted the same as those Congressmen did, or would you have voted oppositely from them?
- Do you support Israel’s plan to build housing in East Jerusalem? Do you think East Jerusalem should rightfully be under Israeli or Arab control, or the control of someone else?
- Should the concept of "irreducible complexity" be taught in high school biology classes, or should it be banned from discussion?
- What could your Democratic opponent have done differently to stop the closing of Fort Monmouth?
- The U.S. Supreme Court will soon decide if the 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms applies to the states. Do you believe that it does?
- Do you support or oppose the Supreme Court’s decision in Citizens United v FEC which changed the law on corporate campaign spending?
- Did you support or oppose the passage of President Bush’s $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program and support or oppose President Obama’s $787 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act??
- Does America have a "wall of separation between Church and State" or a "prohibition against excessive entanglement of Church and State?"
- Do you support or oppose Eminent Domain where the taken property will ultimately be privately developed and owned?
- Do you support or oppose amnesty from deportation for non-citizens who illegally enter America?
- Do you support or oppose adjusting the age limits and means testing for Social Security Benefits?
- Do you believe the government has the power to proscribe private discrimination. If your answer is yes, do you believe the 1st Amendment protection of Freedom of Association should be repealed?