« Let's Fire David Letterman |
| Can't Wait For Tim Tebow's Mother's Anti-Abortion Super Bowl Commercial! »
Read about the Democrat nanny-state thinking here.
Posted at 09:35 AM | Permalink
Your help in spreading the word about the following would be MUCH appreciated!:
Fellow Tea Partiers,
*** BIG NEWS!!! The North New Jersey Tea Party Group will host a TEA PARTY PROTEST at Montclair State University (in Montclair, New Jersey) on Thursday, September 3 starting at 3:00 PM!!! ***
This date and time were chosen because on September 3 from 4-6 PM, U.S. House of Representatives member Bill Pascrell Jr. (D-NJ) will be hosting a Town Hall Meeting at Montclair State.
Please read all of the following important details:
* The Pascrell Town Hall Meeting -- which we urge you to attend immediately after our tea party protest -- will be held on Thursday, September 3 from 4-6 PM. The location is the Conference Center at Montclair State, 1 Normal Avenue, Montclair NJ 07043.
* For driving and parking directions, most definitely refer to:
(Note: scroll down on that link to obtain a visual of exactly where the Conference Center is located on campus.)
* Parking at Montclair State is LIMITED, so we suggest you plan accordingly (taking public transportation is highly encouraged). If you can't park on campus, find a legal place to park off-campus, and walk from your parking spot to campus. ARRIVE EARLY to the extent you can, and you probably won't regret it. If you arrive before 3 PM, GREAT! Feel free to kick off the protest prior to 3 PM!
* We are starting our protest at 3:00 PM, ONE HOUR BEFORE the Pascrell Town Hall Meeting begins. This is in part to encourage you to come early, because many folks showing up at various town hall meetings on time are finding no seats available due to capacity already being reached.
* ***BRING A PROTEST SIGN!!!*** Homemade signs are GREAT, store-made signs -- for example at FedEx Office, formerly known as Kinko's -- are GREAT. (I will be bringing my 2' x 2' sign.)
* You can search the internet for suggested sign slogans. For example, Google the term "tea party slogans healthcare" and that will bring up several websites that have dozens -- hundreds -- of suggestions each.
* Our protest will take place just outside the main entrance to the Conference Center. Just look for our signs and join us!!!
* Bring a camera, and especially if you are able, bring a digital recording device. This will help us document the event, and also, these devices serve as great deterrents to any thugs who might wish to infringe upon OUR UNALIENABLE MORAL RIGHT TO SPEAK FREELY.
* I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you check out the following "20 Questions for Your Congressman" by our Facebook group member Robert W. Tracinski (thank you Robert!):
* We are a PEACEFUL organization. We do not expect this Tea Party Protest to be anything but peaceful. Please conduct yourself accordingly at all times (unless self-defense becomes necessary). Should anybody threaten you physically during our protest -- not that we expect this to happen, although we always want you to be prepared just in case -- please do your best to defuse the situation peacefully (which often means simply walking away, and sometimes means simply calling the police).
* Pascrell's campaign website shows his belief that "health care is a right." Pascrell is wrong; health care is NOT a right. If it were a right, then any individual could FORCE a health-industry worker (doctor, nurse, etc.) to provide the care, and FORCE somebody else (for example, peaceful and economically productive citizens -- a.k.a. taxpayers) to pay for it. Doctors, nurses, and taxpayers ARE NOT SLAVES. There is no such thing as the "right to health care" because there is no such thing as the "right to enslave" those who provide it and those who pay for it.
* Although free speech includes angry speech, please DO NOT disrupt the Town Hall Meeting in any way that prevents peaceful discourse (for example, joining in a multi-person chant which drowns out whomever is speaking).
* Please be aware that the Town Hall plans could change at any time -- particularly if Pascrell decides he lacks the courage to face pro-liberty Americans like you and me. If you become aware of any changes, please let us know, so that we can change our Tea Party Protest plans accordingly.
*** FORWARD THIS INVITATION ON TO ALL OF YOUR PRO-LIBERTY FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!! ***
I look forward to seeing you -- and your pro-liberty friends and family! -- at Montclair State on Thursday, September 3!
North New Jersey Tea Party Group
Liberty, Free Markets, and Individual Rights!
Join our Facebook group at:
And/or e-mail us to be placed on our e-mail distribution list:
North New Jersey Tea Party Group |
August 23, 2009 at 09:37 AM
How fun! I linked to this on last weekend's weekly roundup and am just now getting around to letting you know. (I guess we were busy celebrating Easter!) Thanks so much for sharing!
puma shoes |
June 21, 2010 at 12:06 AM
Epic! I really liked this.
July 02, 2010 at 01:49 PM
The comments to this entry are closed.